C Plath Merkur SE Boat Compass Description
The C-Plath Merkur SE Boat Compass is U.S. Coast Guard approved for use on lifeboats.
It can be flush mounted and can withstand extreme weather conditions.
The black housing of the boat compass is seawater resistant and made of a light alloy.
The super-strong glass dome is insensitive to ultraviolet rays and is guaranteed for life against cracking, crazing, and yellowing under normal use.
This exceptional compass is manufactured by C.
Plath in Germany and features a full spherical construction with an internal gimbal system, which accommodates all angles of heel without compromising accuracy.
The oscillation-free double bottom compensates for volumetric changes.
The accuracy of indication, lag error, and oscillation period all exceed the International Organization of Standards norm.
Additionally, the compass vibration resistance exceeds requirements of BSH (German Hydrographic Institute).
- Type 4220
- Well-suited for high speeds
- Glass dome blocks UV rays
- Red, glare-free illumination
- Concave card with clear 5 ° graduation
- 3 lubber lines
- For horizontal flush surface mounting or bracket mounting
- Square flange
- Certified by CL (Notified Body 0098) according to requirements 96/98/EC in accordance with module B and D (Wheelmark)
- Accuracy of indication: less than or equal to 1 °
- Lag error: less than or equal to 2 °s
- Oscillation period: greater than or equal to 4.7 seconds
- Temperature range: -22 °s F to 158 °s F
- Pitch diameter of flange: 155.5 mm (6.1 inches)
- Compensation capsule available
- Lifetime warranty on glass dome
- Three year warranty on body
- USCG Approved for Lifeboat use #160.014/9