C Plath Merkur VZ-E Marine Compass Description
The Merkur VZE Marine Compass is perfect for use on high speed boats that require flush bulkhead mounting. It can be mounted with up to a 5 degree variance.
It is highly dampened to take vibrational abuse that occurs at high speeds.
This compass is manufactured in Germany by C. Plath and features a full spherical construction with an internal gimbal system which accommodates all angles of heel without compromising accuracy.
The oscillation-free double bottom compensates for volumetric changes. The black housing is seawater resistant and made of a light alloy.
The super-strong glass dome is insensitive to ultraviolet rays, and is guaranteed for life against cracking, crazing, and yellowing under normal use.
The accuracy of indication, lag error, and oscillation period all exceed the International Organization of Standards norm.
Additionally, the vibration resistance of this marine compass exceeds requirements of BSH (German Hydrographic Institute).
- Type 2074
- Suited for high speeds
- Glass dome resists UV rays
- Red glare-free illumination
- Concave card with clear 5 degree graduation
- 6 lubber lines for easy reading at any angle
- Heel angle up to 45 degrees
- Pitch angle plus/minus 60 degrees
- Black card and bezel
- Accuracy of indication: less than or equal to 1 degree
- Lag error: less than or equal to 2 degrees
- Oscillation period: greater than or equal to 4.7 seconds
- Temperature range: -22 degrees F to 158 degrees F
- For flush bulkhead mounting
- May be mounted with a 5 degree variance
- Duplex card: easily read as direct or dished card
- Optional back cover for clean installation
- Compensation capsule available
- Certified by GL (Notified Body 0098) according to the requirements 96/98/EC in accordance with module B and D (Wheelmark)
- Lifetime warranty on glass dome